I'm in the throws of updating Baby M's First Year photo album. I've already had all the pictures printed out (love Snapfish), put months 1-3 in the book, but I hit a wall a few months ago and haven't gone back to it since - she's 15 months old already!! I have to get it done before I start forgetting what all the pictures are. The album I have for Baby M is a set of 4 mini-albums from Red Envelope, sadly no longer available. I tried my hardest to find a similar alternative for you all, but I'm coming up with nothing - how is that possible?!
Nevertheless, the idea of photographs and documenting our ever-busier lives got me thinking about how many frames I have around the house. I LOVE pictures of my family and display them everywhere, probably too many! But I just can't help myself. Every little smile, every moment of happiness (even the not-so-happy ones), deserves a frame in my book.
I've been slowly accumulating quite a collection of frames. Between Ikea, Pottery Barn, and a handful of other brands, I feel like I have at least 50 frames out and about through the house. Kind of crazy for a house that isn't insanely large, I know. I may need to start editing.
There are so many ways to make your pictures perfectly "you" - as if the content wasn't enough! The frame itself is a reflection of your style, the matting, the display. It all helps tell the story of you and your family.
Here are some great frame finds that you may enjoy - some I even have in my own house.
Sources (from Top Left to Right):
- Pottery Barn Rope Silver-plated Frame - I have this one in my own house. I love silver-plated frames and have a number of different "textured" frames, from rope, to basket weave, to branches.
- Zara Home Wicker-Effect Metal Frame - I love the nod to a more Southern-type of style
- Zara Home Bamboo Frame - You can't not love bamboo
- ZGallerie Anguilla Frame - I'll take a chevron print any day, especially in these very current neutral tones
- Pottery Barn Kinsey Enamel Frames - A great way to add a color splash
- ZGallerie Plexus Frame - A glitzy almost stone look
- ZGallerie Stella Frame - The combination of brass and silver adds a great historical touch
- Ikea Ribba Frame - I have various sizes and colors of this frame all around the house
- Ikea Virserum Frame - I also have a bunch of sizes and colors of this one!
A Beautiful Mess recently posted a great how-to on making your own patterned photo mats. Such a great idea and looks pretty easy. What a wonderfully creative way to personalize frames and make your photos look even better! And it makes me want to incorporate black and white photos in my own display!
I've also been fantasizing about putting together a gallery wall. I've seen so many how-to's and really like this one by Emily Henderson. How awesome to have something like this in my own house, I'd feel so grown up!
Do you have an obsession with photos/frames? How do you have them displayed? I'd love to hear how you've personalized your space.